Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Intro

Hello World!

My name is Benjamin, but you can call me Benji.

When the media first starting covering blogs back in the 2004 election, it took me a long time to make the connection as to what they actually were and now I'm making my first post. It is hard to believe that was 5 long years ago. My friend, who recently decided to make journey across the Pacific to teach English in South Korea encouraged me to start journaling. Well, a blog is pretty public, but then again, what isn't these days? So here I am.

I have no experience blogging, but I have a good friend from college, "Rob," who will serve as my Sr. blogging mentor. His experience is vast. Perhaps a little too vast...you know the type. The type who spend a tremendous amount of their free time to this hobby.

I entitled the blog "Notes at the Brink" because if I can muster up enough energy to make a post something or someone is on the brink. Otherwise, why would I post anything? I see these brinks happening more and more each day and they surround (engulf) me. We all see them. Some posts, however, will likely be a more personal brink or revelation. Honestly, we'll see. I don't consider myself much of a writer (even less so a blogger), so I hope that you will forgive me for any blunders or faux pas' that I make. That is, if and only if, I can maintain to post with any regularity. But as of today at 9:40 CST, I'm officially in the blogosphere...a brink in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment